HOW TO JOIN
- Interested participants can submit the application form here.
- Each application form will require submission of 2 reference names for validation.
- Each entry can enter in one category only.
- Members of Trade360 VIP Corporate Membership and ADEX 2018 Exhibitors can enter for free.
- Non-members and non-ADEX exhibitors can pay SDG100 to enter the award.
- Green Fins members will be entered automatically for the Green Fins Award but can also apply for the other categories.
- Application deadline is March 1, 2018.
For Individuals (Free):
- Interested participants can submit the nomination form here.
- Each nomination will require submission of 2 reference names.
- Nomination deadline is March 1, 2018.
The criteria for businesses are based on the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) standards for Hotels and Tour Operators and adapted to focus on marine and coastal environments.
1. Ocean Business Practice (25%)
Adopt sustainable environmental practices in its operations i.e. compliance with local environmental laws, zoning requirements related to protected areas, and provide regular training and guidance for personnel to ensure compliance with environmental regulations in the area of operation.
2. Community Engagement (25%)
Actively engage communities in sustainable marine tourism i.e. conduct awareness, outreach activities on marine conservation for local community members, work with community leaders in promoting marine conservation projects in the area of operation, provide opportunity for community members to economically participate in sustainable marine tourism through employment or the sale of sustainable products.
3. Innovative Eco Solutions (25%)
Adopt innovative means to minimize negative impact to marine and coastal environments i.e. use of innovative technologies in power generation and reduction of carbon footprint, ensure proper solid waste and wastewater management, implementation of various ways to reduce pollution from business operations.
4. Conservation Custodian (25%)
Maximize benefits and add value to marine biodiversity and coastal environment
i.e. active protection of marine biodiversity through initiatives and projects in the field, strict compliance of international and local codes of conduct in wildlife interaction, engage customers in marine and coastal conservation activities and projects.
The BlueGreen360 Personality of the Year award will go to an individual from the private sector who has demonstrated:
- Pioneering efforts in promoting sustainable marine tourism in the private sector.
- Mobilized various stakeholders in promoting sustainable business practices.
- Recognized in the public domain for promoting sustainable marine tourism practices.
Deadline for submission: 01 March 2018